When you’re tired but you have to find your stuff to keep up with your minimalism challenge, there’s only one thing to do: open the junk drawer (again). Here’s what I found:
– Four headbands: Oh, headbands, I can always count on you. (I think this was the final batch though.)
– A tiny eraser for kids that probably does a really shitty job erasing.
– An extra part of a watch band. I’m not anticipating for my wrists to get significantly fatter.
– A rubber armband.
– A rubber armband with a built in USB stick.
– A USB stick that was given to me at an interview – “We probably won’t hire you but here ya go!”
– A pair of black shoe laces that can be very easily purchased should that ever be necessary.
– A pair of bike valve caps. Pointless.
– A stack of business cards of unforgettable people that I don’t need a card for, forgettable people and people I want to forget.
– An old metrocard that might have a balance on it that I’m going to check one day.
– A useless key chain pendant.
– A pair of driver’s permits. I’m a big girl with a license now. These can go.
– An old Starbucks gift card. I’m a big girl with the Starbucks app on my iPhone now.
– Grad school homework and notes. I’m a big girl with a job now. (One might argue that this homework got me my job since my former professor is now my boss.)
153 down, 312 to go.